Picnic on the lawn, enjoy a cold brew and mouth-watering BBQ and allow the music of 4 fantastic local bands to wash over you whilst you take the opportunity of a lazy Sunday afternoon in the garden.
Visit us on Sunday 2nd July for our mini-music festival in the gardens. We’ve put together a line-up of four fabulous local bands, plus BBQ and cash bar available. All the fun of a music festival without the muddy camping bit!
First to play will be ‘Behind the Settee‘. An original four-piece band from Rugby, who combine cleverly crafted lyrics and delicate vocals with intricate weaving guitar, viola/violin, piano and bass melodies. Behind The Settee has just completed their second album and have been featured on BBC Introducing multiple times, performed at the Godiva Festival, Peace Festival and Music in the Yard, as well as other gigs and festivals in and around the Warwickshire area.
Next up are the fantastic ‘Stupid Boots,‘ another Rugby based group of five musicians, who are fast becoming well known for their infectious high spirits and energetic sets.
The penultimate act, ‘The Ellipsis‘ are a four-piece indie-rock band with great songs and a great future. They have featured regularly on their BBC local station and played on Kerrang and BBC Radio 1. They’ve played venues up and down the country and have had a summer of Festival appearances, recently opening The Godiva Festival in their home-town of Coventry and having also featured at Wychwood Festival, headlined Coventry OxJam, TEDx, Motofest and performed in front of 30,000 rugby fans at the Ricoh Arena. They’ve just supported The Bluetones and played in Copenhagen. Their creative fusion of indie and alternative rock fuel songs which are as catchy as they are melodically dramatic and lyrically insightful. The Ellipsis singles can be found on YouTube, iTunes and Spotify.
Our final act are the ever popular, Rugby based ‘Paper Street Soap Company.’ A firm favourite in the area, Paper Street Soap Company are made up of four talented musicians, including an accordian player, and have been described as “The Pogues of the Midlands”, due to their folk and indie style, ‘with a bit of paddy punk thrown in!’
About the Event
- Tickets are on sale now priced at £8 per person. Children aged 15 and under are free of charge but must be accompanied by a paying adult aged over 21. Up to three 15s and under may be admitted per one paying adult.
- Tickets must be ordered for all members of the party, including 15s and under. These will be exchanged for wristbands on arrival and must be worn and visible at all times whilst on the premises.
- If your child looks over 15 please bring proof of age in order to avoid being charged, on arrival, for their ticket.
- Availability of tickets is limited. Advance purchase of tickets is, therefore, advised to avoid disappointment on the day.
- Gates open at 1pm. Bands begin at 2pm and finish at 5.45pm.
- Strictly no glass may be brought into the premises.
- Bar and BBQ are cash-only
- Please bring your own picnic rugs as no seating will be available.